A delicious pasta, meat and cheese combination with a homemade dressing. It serves a crowd and is great for a picnic. An alternative vegan pasta salad, Italian style!
Antipasto Pasta Salad
- 1 ounce seashell pasta
- 1/4 ounce Genoa salami
- 1/4 ounce pepperoni sausage
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese
- 3 ounces black olives
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, and cool under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, black olives, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Stir in the envelope of dressing mix. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad, and mix well.